Jamie Rae Salé (born near Edmonton, Alberta, April 21, 1977) is a Canadian pair skater. She and David Pelletier won a gold medal in the 2002 Winter Olympics. The gold medal, however, was shared by a Russian pair skating couple after a figure skating scandal hit through the Olympics.
Salé and Pelletier were engaged on Christmas Day of 2004 at their Edmonton, Alberta home. They married on December 30, 2005 at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel in Alberta. Their son, Jesse Joe Pelletier, was born on September 30, 2007.
On June 4, 2010, it was reported that Salé and Pelletier would divorce; however, they will remain skating partners.
On June 20, 2012 Salé married her Battle of the Blades partner, Craig Simpson.
References[change | change source]
- David Pelletier and Jamie Salé Marriage Profile
- Olympic Figure Skaters Wed
- Ice Skaters Jamie Salé & David Pelletier Have a Son – Birth
- "Jamie Sale Photos Page". USAToday.
- Little, Lyndon (23 January 2009). "Sale, Pelletier among inductees into Olympic Hall of Fame". The Vancouver Sun (Postmedia Network Inc.). Archived from the original on 8 May 2011. https://www.webcitation.org/5yX40cgXv. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Olympic gold medallists Salé, Pelletier divorce". CBC.ca. 4 June 2010. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2010/06/04/sp-sale-pelletier-divorce.html. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Jamie Salé at Wikimedia Commons