|Died||March 18, 2016 (aged 79)|
Prague, Czech Republic
|Cause of death||Heart attack|
Ester Krumbachová (m. 1963–1968)
Marta Kubišová (m. 1970–1973)
Veronica Baumann (m. 1984–2003)
Iva Ruszelakova (m. 2003)
Jan Němec (12 July 1936 – 18 March 2016) was a Czech movie director and screenwriter. His important work dates from the 1960s. Movie historian Peter Hames has called him as the "enfant terrible of the Czech New Wave." He was known for directing the 1966 movie A Report on the Party and the Guests.
References[change | change source]
- Levy, Adam (August 21, 2003). "Jan Nemec: An enfant terrible at 67". Monroe Luther. The Prague Post s.r.o. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Jan Nemec – Enfant terrible of the New Wave". CE Review. 14 May 2001. Archived from the original on 9 June 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- Zemřel režisér Jan Němec, nebroušený diamant české nové vlny (in Czech)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Facebook Profile
- Jan Němec on IMDb
- Czech Film: Jan Nemec's post-1989 films Archived 2013-09-25 at the Wayback Machine
- Interview with Němec Archived 2016-03-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Jan Němec: Interviews 1964–2014 (Rozhovory 1964–2014) (Camera obscura, Svatá Hora, Příbram, Czech Republic) (Czech)