Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Illinois's 9th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 1999
|Preceded by||Sidney R. Yates|
May 26, 1944
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Robert Creamer (1980–present)
|Children||2 (with Schakowsky)|
|Education||University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (BS)|
Janice Danoff Schakowsky // (born May 26, 1944) is an American politician. She is the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 9th congressional district since 1999. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
References[change | change source]
- Stone, K.F. (2010). The Jews of Capitol Hill: A Compendium of Jewish Congressional Members. Scarecrow Press. p. 549. ISBN 9780810877382. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky official U.S. House website
- Jan Schakowsky for Congress
- Jan Schakowsky at the Open Directory Project
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission