Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
History[change | change source]
Popular interest in the history of science led to the establishment of JSPS
The Japanese government has always supported the society.
Mission[change | change source]
JSPS has many scientific and academic programs. Its mission is
- To foster young researchers
- To promote international scientific cooperation
- To award grants for scientific research
- To support scientific cooperation between the academic community and industry
- To collect and distribute information on scientific research
Publications[change | change source]
JSPS publications include:
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), "Purpose & Functions, History"; retrieved 2012-2-4.
- Heilbron, J.L. (2003). The Oxford Companion to the History of Modern Science, p. 210.
- Mizuno, Hiromi. (2009). Science for the Empire: Scientific Nationalism in Modern Japan, p. 4.
- Ohnami, Masateru. (1992). Fracture and Society, pp. 179-181.
- Mizuno, p. 112.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science website (English), (in Japanese)
- Hideo Noguchi Africa Prize