Jeanne Chesley Ashworth (July 1, 1938 – October 4, 2018) was an American speed skater. She was born in Burlington, Vermont. She competed in the 1960 Winter Olympics, 1964 Winter Olympics and 1968 Winter Olympics. Ashworth competed in the first Olympic speed skating event for women. She won the bronze medal.
During the late 50's and 60's, when Ashworth was at the height of her career, she won 11 national championships.
References[change | change source]
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Jeanne Ashworth". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on October 17, 2012. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- "Olympic speedskating medalist Jeanne Ashworth dies at 80". Washington Post. October 11, 2018. Archived from the original on October 12, 2018. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Jeanne Ashworth at the International Olympic Committee
- Jeanne Ashworth at the Olympic Channel
- Jeanne Ashworth at Olympedia