She went on to study with Merce Cunningham, Hanya Holm and Mary Anthony in New York City. In 1948, she gave a recital with Françoise Sullivan in Montreal. She taught dance in Paris from 1949 to 1954. In 1952, she joined with Les Automatistes.
From 1959 to 1965, she was associated with Françoise Riopelle at the École de Danse Moderne de Montréal as dancer, teacher and choreographer. In 1966, she founded Le Groupe de la Place Royale.
References[change | change source]
- "Renaud, Jeanne". The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- "Renaud, Jeanne". Prix Denise-Pelletier (in French).
- "Early life and training, 1928-1946". Dance Collection Danse.
- Holmberg, Arthur; Solorzano, Carlos (2014). World Encyclopedia of Contemporary Theatre: The Americas. Volume 2. p. 124. ISBN 978-1136118449.
- "After Retirement/Awards". Dance Collection Danse.