|47th Governor of Kansas|
January 31, 2018 – January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Sam Brownback|
|Succeeded by||Laura Kelly|
|49th Lieutenant Governor of Kansas|
January 10, 2011 – January 31, 2018
|Preceded by||Troy Findley|
|Succeeded by||Tracey Mann|
|Member of the Kansas Senate|
from the 37th district
January 12, 2009 – January 10, 2011
|Preceded by||Dennis M. Wilson|
|Succeeded by||Raymond Merrick|
|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives|
from the 48th district
January 8, 2007 – January 12, 2009
|Preceded by||Eric Carter|
|Succeeded by||Marvin Kleeb|
Jeffrey William Colyer
June 3, 1960
Hays, Kansas, U.S.
|Education||Georgetown University (BS)|
Clare Hall, Cambridge (MA)
University of Kansas, Kansas City (MD)
Jeffrey William Colyer (born June 3, 1960) is an American surgeon and politician. On January 31, 2018, he became the 47th Governor of Kansas. Before, he was the 49th Lieutenant Governor of Kansas serving under Governor Sam Brownback. He is a member of the Republican Party. He was a member of the Kansas Senate (2009–2011) and of the Kansas House of Representatives (2007–2009).
On January 24, 2018, Vice President Mike Pence broke a 49-49 tie vote to make Governor Brownback the United States Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom. Governor Brownback resigned on January 25, 2018 to serve as the ambassador, thus making Colyer the designate governor.
References[change | change source]
- Smith, Mitch; Eligon, John (2017-07-27). "Waiting in the Wings in Kansas: Who Is Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer?". The New York Times. New York, NY. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Lt. Governor Jeff Colyer, M.D." Office of the Governor, State of Kansas. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- Smith, Mitch; Fortin, Jacey (July 26, 2017). "Gov. Sam Brownback of Kansas Will Be Nominated as Religious Ambassador". New York Times. New York City. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- Pappas, Alex (January 25, 2018). "Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback resigns to take Trump administration role". Fox News. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Lee, Kurtis. "Incumbent Jeff Colyer concedes GOP primary for Kansas governor to Kris Kobach, a staunch Trump ally". latimes.com. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- Binder, John (14 August 2018). "Trump-Endorsed Kris Kobach Makes History, Unseats Incumbent Kansas Governor". Breitbart.