Good Hair Day
Ownership[change | change source]
Good Hair Day is owned by Jemella Group. The company was started in 2001 by Martin Penny, Gary Douglas and Robert Powls. In 2007, after being sold to Lloyds Development Capital, Jemella was re-sold 11 months later to Montagu Private Equity group for ₤160 million.
Popularity[change | change source]
The brand has received endorsements from celebrities, such as Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Victoria Beckham. Because of this, Martin Penny won the North Region Consumer Products Entrepreneur of the Year in 2005 for the product, and Consumer Products Entrepreneur Of The Year. The product has been involved with many fashion shows, such as New York Fashion Week, Alice McCall, and Willow Lingerie, and also sponsored the 2004 season of reality TV program The Salon.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Probe on Hair Salons Cheque; retrieved on 2007-11-22
- Leading Make in Hair Styling Irons; retrieved on 2007-11-26
- Quinn, James (2005-03-21). "Good hair day for GHD as £55m talks begin". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- Quinn, James (2007-07-17). "Montagu smooths way to Jemella buyout". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- "The North Region Consumer Products Entrepreneur of the Year 2005". Cosmetics International. 2005-06-08. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- "Towergate Underwriting Group hits new heights". Ernest & Young. 2005-10-03. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- GHD involvement in Fashion Shows; retrieved on 2007-11-22
- "Ghd haircare ties up with The Salon". Haymarket Business Publications Ltd. 2003-08-03. Retrieved 2007-11-25.