|Secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government of the Philippines|
July 9, 2010 – August 18, 2012
|President||Benigno Aquino III|
|Preceded by||Benigno Aquino III|
|Succeeded by||Paquito Ochoa, Jr. (acting)|
|Mayor of Naga City|
June 30, 1988 – June 30, 1998
June 30, 2001 – June 30, 2010
|Born||Jesse Manalastas Robredo
May 27, 1958
Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
|Died||August 18, 2012
Masbate City, Philippines
|Cause of death||2012 Philippine Piper Seneca crash|
|Political party||Liberal Party (Philippines)|
|Spouse(s)||Maria Leonor "Lenny" Gerona Robredo|
Jillian Therese Robredo
|Alma mater||Ateneo de Naga University
De La Salle University
University of the Philippines Diliman
Far Eastern University
On July 9, 2010, President Benigno Aquino III named Robredo as Secretary of the Interior and Local Government. Robredo was a former Mayor of Naga City in Camarines Sur. He was the first Filipino Mayor to receive the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Government Service in 2000.
On August 18, 2012 (PHT), the aircraft carrying Robredo crashed off Masbate bay. He was scheduled to attend a political event in Naga City. The Philippine Department of Interior and Local Government said that the pilot sent a distress call to the Masbate airport. The pilot was requesting an emergency landing. The plane never made it to the airport and crashed in the ocean. His body was retrieved three days later, August 21, 800 meters from the shore and 180 feet below sea level. 
References[change | change source]
- "Jesse Robredo feared dead after plane crash". Coolbuster. August 18, 2012. http://www.coolbuster.net/2012/08/dilg-secretary-jesse-robredo-feared-dead-after-plane-crash.html. Retrieved August 18, 2012.
- "Jesse Robredo named DILG chief". http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/07/09/10/robredo-named-dilg-chief.
- Phil Secretary on Interior crashed on Masbate. ABS-CBN News, Retrieved on 2012-08-18
- Philippines interior secretary missing in plane crash
- Secretary Robredo crashed. GMA News, Retrieved on 2012-08-18
- "Robredo’s body found". Office of the President (Philippines) Newsroom. http://president.gov.ph/news/robredos-body-found/. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
Benigno Aquino III
|Philippine Secretary of Interior and Local Government
2010 – 2012
Paquito Ochoa, Jr.