Jump to navigation Jump to search
JET, Jet or Jets all have many meanings. Some of them are:
Science[change | change source]
- A jet is a stream of liquid or gas which is moving together in parallel.
- In fluid or gas engineering contexts, a jet is a stream of material ejected from a nozzle, or a nozzle designed to produce such a stream.
- In automotive terms, a jet is a tube, nozzle, or passageway through which petrol is metered within a carburetor.
- In geology, jet (lignite) (or Whitby jet) is a mineraloid (mineral-like material) which is used as a gemstone.
- In meteorology, a blue jet is a form of upper atmospheric lightning.
- In meteorology, a jet is an electrical discharge that occurs high above the cumulonimbus cloud of an active thunderstorm.
- In astrophysics, a relativistic jet is a stream of fast-moving plasma emitted at nearly 300,000 km/s (the speed of light) from an active galaxy. A similar phenomenon on a much smaller scale is a polar jet. These are emitted during star formation from either side of the accretion disk, along the two polar axes.
- In nuclear and particle physics, a jet is a cone of hadrons
- In nuclear physics, the Joint European Torus or JET is an experimental Nuclear fusion reactor.
- In mathematics, a jet is an operation that produces an abstract polynomial
- In mathematics, a jet bundle (or spray) is a manipulation of differential equations
- In software engineering, Java Emitter Templates (JET) is a Template engine that is part of the Eclipse EMF project.
Aerospace[change | change source]
- Jet engine
- Jet aircraft
- Jet Airways, an airline based in India serving domestic and international routes
- JetBlue Airways, an airline based on New York
- Jetstar Airlines, an Australian airline servicing domestic and International routes
Water[change | change source]
Music[change | change source]
- Jet, a hit rock music single on the 1973 album Band on the Run by Wings
- Jet-CD (also known as Jet), 1998's album by J-pop band, Puffy AmiYumi
- Jet, a rock band from Melbourne, Australia
- Jet, a rock band that existed from 1971 to 1974, from Genoa, northern Italy
- Jet, a glam rock band from England that recorded one eponymous album in 1975
- The Jets, a family band from Minneapolis, Minnesota that does pop, R&B, dance and religious music, and had several hit singles in the 1980s
- The Jets, a 1970s rock band from Pekin, Illinois
- Jet Records, a record label
Fiction[change | change source]
- Jet, a character from Wildstorm/DC Comics, and the daughter of Backlash. Another character by the name of Jet, a female one, exists in DC comics, New Guardians.
- Jet Black, a main character from the anime Cowboy Bebop.
- Jet, a character from the Earth Kingdom forests in the TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Jets, a gang in West Side Story which fought with the Sharks.
- JET TV, a television station in the Jadeworld station group
- Jet the Hawk, a video game character.
- Jet, an addictive drug in the Fallout series of video games.
- Jet Fusion, a super spy who makes occasional appearances in the cartoon The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius'
Sports[change | change source]
- New York Jets, a professional American football team in the National Football League
- Newcastle United Jets, a professional soccer team in the Australian A-League competition
- Winnipeg Jets (1972–96), a former professional hockey team in the World Hockey Association and National Hockey League
- Jet (Diane Youdale) was one of the stars of Gladiators
- "Jet," or "Jet Terry," nickname of the popular Dallas Maverick and former University of Arizona point guard Jason Terry.
- Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, A kickboxer, coreographer and actor (Benny Urquidez)
Culture[change | change source]
- Jet (slang), to leave in a hurry
- Jet, an African-American themed magazine
- Jet, a filling station brand of ConocoPhillips
- A ZX Spectrum clone from Romania.
- JET, a 1985 flight simulator produced by subLOGIC
- The JET Programme - The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (teaching English)
Places[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jet.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.