|Chair of the House Energy Committee|
February 16, 2004 – January 3, 2007
|Preceded by||Billy Tauzin|
|Succeeded by||John Dingell|
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Texas's 6th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 1985
|Preceded by||Phil Gramm|
Joe Linus Barton
September 15, 1949
Waco, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Texas A&M University, College Station (BS)|
Purdue University (MS)
Joe Linus Barton (born September 15, 1949) is an American Republican politician. He represents Texas's 6th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives since 1985. He is a member of the Tea Party Caucus.
In November 2017, nude selfie pictures of Barton surfaced online, which he acknowledged were authentic, and which he apologized for to his constituents. An anonymous Twitter user posted the photo of Barton. Many people believe that Barton is a victim of "revenge porn" (the act of posting sexual-related media without the person's permission).
References[change | change source]
- Lindsay Bever, March 15, 2017, Washington Post, ‘You, sir, shut up!’: Republican congressman shouts down a constituent at tense town hall, Retrieved March 15, 2017, "...“You, sir, shut up.”... The crowd responded with a combination of apparent anger and applause, with one attendee screaming: “What is that? You don’t tell anybody to shut up! You work for us!”..."
- "Biography | U.S. Representative Joe Barton". joebarton.house.gov. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "Meet the Vice Chairman - Energy and Commerce Committee". Energy and Commerce Committee. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- Maria Recio, Long-timer Joe Barton seeks to regain powerful chairmanship in Congress, Fort Worth Star-Telegram (May 21, 2016).
- Is Republican Congressman Joe Barton A Victim Of Revenge Porn?
- Texas congressman apologizes for nude online selfie ABC News
- Congressman Joe Barton Might Have Been the Victim of Revenge Porn, Slate.com, November 22, 2017
Other websites[change | change source]