Biography[change | change source]
Though perhaps his best known for his choral music, were the carols Torches and There is No Rose of Such Virtue and the anthem O Lorde, the Maker of Al Thing. Joubert composed over 160 works including two symphonies, four concertos and seven operas.
References[change | change source]
- Personal e-mail communication with Mr. Christopher Morley, lecturer at the UCE Birmingham Conservatoire and chief music critic of the Birmingham Post, on 13 July 2007.
- Full name John Pierre Herman Joubert. See MusicSack and associated references.
- Eyre, James. "Renowned Composer Celebrates 90th Birthday Year". B13 Magazine. No. August 2017. Archived from the original on 18 October 2017. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- Christopher Morley, Just the Joubert, Orchestra of the Swan, archived from the original on 28 September 2007, retrieved 3 April 2007 ; also published as Christopher Morley (2007), "Just the Joubert", Birmingham Post, retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "John Joubert (1927-2019)". Music Sales Classical. 8 January 2019. Retrieved 8 January 2019.)