John Laird, Baron Laird
Professor John Dunn Laird, Baron Laird FRSA of Artigarvan (23 April 1944 – 10 July 2018) was a Northern Ireland life peer and former chairman of the cross-border Ulster-Scots Agency. In 2013 Laird allegedly offered to lobby for a firm against parliamentary rules. As a result, he resigned from the Ulster Unionist Party. He was created a life peer on 16 July 1999 as Baron Laird, of Artigarvan in the County of Tyrone.
References[change | change source]
- "BBC News – Three peers 'offered to lobby for fake firm'". Bbc.co.uk. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "No. 55559". The London Gazette. 21 July 1999. p. 7857.
- Lord Laird Passes Away
Other websites[change | change source]
- Lord Laird website
- John Laird, Crossbencher Stratagem
- Ulster's 'Braveheart' on rebel hunt, Interview with the Sunday Tribune, 22 January 2006 (Newshound)
- Debrett's Limited
-  Parliamentary answers 2010/11.