John Spencer (actor)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Born||John Speshock, Jr.
December 20, 1946
New York City, New York
|Died||December 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
|Cause of death||Myocardial infarction|
|Resting place||Laurel Grove Memorial Park, Totowa, New Jersey|
|Notable work||Leo McGarry on The West Wing|
|Home town||Totowa, New Jersey|
|Parent(s)||John Speshock, Sr.
|Awards||Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
2002 The West Wing
John Spencer (December 20, 1946 – December 16, 2005) was an American actor. He was best known for playing White House Chief of Staff Leo McGarry on the successful television series The West Wing. He won an Emmy Award for this role in 2002.
References[change | change source]
- "Actor John Spencer has died". Associated Press. December 16, 2005. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10498378.
- "John Spencer, 58, TV Actor Starring on 'The West Wing,' Dies". The New York Times. December 17, 2005. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/17/arts/television/17spencer.html?ex=1292475600&en=e83593f8e8914f90&ei=5090.
Other websites[change | change source]
- John Spencer at the Internet Movie Database
- October 16, 2004 Interview with John Spencer, Tavis Smiley Show
- John Spencer (actor) at Find a Grave