Johnny Belinda is a 1948 American drama movie directed by Jean Negulesco and based on the 1940 play of the same name by Elmer Blaney Harris. It stars Jane Wyman, Lew Ayres, Charles Bickford, Agnes Moorehead, Stephen McNally and was distributed by Warner Bros.. It was nominated for 12 Oscars and won an Academy Award in 1949.
Awards[change | change source]
The movie is recognized by American Film Institute in these lists:
- 2005: AFI's 100 Years of Film Scores – Nominated
Notes[change | change source]
- ↑ Tied with The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "The 21st Academy Awards (1949) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
- ↑ "NY Times: Johnny Belinda". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-10-18. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- ↑ "Johnny Belinda – Golden Globes". HFPA. Retrieved June 3, 2021.
- ↑ "1948 Award Winners". National Board of Review. Retrieved July 5, 2021.
- ↑ "Awards Winners". wga.org. Writers Guild of America. Archived from the original on 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- ↑ "AFI's 100 Years of Film Scores Nominees" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Johnny Belinda on IMDb
- Johnny Belinda at AllMovie
- Johnny Belinda at the TCM Movie Database