October 1, 1981|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
New Jersey Devils
221st overall, 2001|
David Johnny Oduya (born October 1, 1981) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman. He currently plays for the Dallas Stars. He has also played for the New Jersey Devils, Atlanta Thrashers, Winnipeg Jets, and Chicago Blackhawks.
He was drafted by the Washington Capitals with the 221st overall pick in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He first played in the NHL for the New Jersey Devils. He played 4 seasons with the Devils before he was traded to the Atlanta Thrashers on February 4, 2010 along with Niclas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier and a 1st round draft pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft for Ilya Kovalchuk and Anssi Salmela. He played 3 seasons with the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets and was traded to the Chicago Blackhawks for a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. On June 24, 2013, He won the Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks after they defeated the Boston Bruins 4 games to 2 in the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals.
On July 15, 2015, Oduya signed a two-year contract with the Dallas Stars.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Winnipeg Jets trade Johnny Oduya for draft picks, pick up defenceman on waivers". NHL.com. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- ↑ "Blackhawks' late goals stun Bruins to win Cup". NHL. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- ↑ "Stars add another piece with signing of defenseman Johnny Oduya". Dallas Stars. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
- 1992 births
- Atlanta Thrashers players
- Chicago Blackhawks players
- Dallas Stars players
- Ice hockey defencemen
- Living people
- Moncton Wildcats players
- New Jersey Devils players
- Sportspeople from Stockholm
- Stanley Cup champions
- Swedish Hockey League players
- Swedish ice hockey players
- Victoriaville Tigres players
- Winnipeg Jets players