Jump to navigation Jump to search
photo taken by Jenna Kirkutis, On Madison Green Sept 2009
|Born||1980 (age 40–41)|
Farmington, Connecticut, U.S.
|Genres||Indie pop, indie rock|
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, flute|
- Galland's band, Domino, released an EP in 2006 and signed a contract with Mark Ronson's Allido Records label.
Galland's band Dopo Yume played shows with Jason Schwartzman 's band Phantom Planet.
- Galland was a co-writer on some of Daniel Merriweather's songs on his album Love and War produced by Mark Ronson
- Galland's first full-length movie, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead, was filmed in New York City during December 2007 and debuted at the 2009 Slamdance Film Festival. This movie is premiering in Canada during Canada Music Week.
Trivia[change | change source]
- Galland's band Dopo Yume was a semifinalist in a nation wide AOL contest, beating out thousands of applicants
- Actress Milla Jovovich appeared briefly as a boxhead character in his movie "Smile for the Camera"; they had met when Jordan was a teenager and had snuck into a bar.[source?]
- in the November 2007 issue of Vogue (magazine),
Jordan and band mate Domino Kirke were part of a feature modeling clothing in a contest featuring up and coming clothing designers.
List of credits[change | change source]
- Galland co-wrote the song "Spectacle", which appeared in Lennon's movie "Friendly Fire".
- Domino's song "Tropical Moonlight" is on the soundtrack of the movie 21.
- Numerous song contributions in National Lampoons' Adam and Eve.
- Another band of Galland's, Dopo Yume, had a song on The O.C., in the episode "The Day After Tomorrow".
- Galland played the electric piano on Mark Ronson's album Version
- Galland's band Domino opened for Lily Allen in New York in 2006
Filmography[change | change source]
|2008||'Day of the Dead (2008 movie)||Writer of the song "Coolest Boy on Earth"|
|2007||Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are undead||Executive Producer|
|2008||Coin Locker Babies||Screen Writer|
|2008||21 (movie)||song on soundtrack by band Domino "Tropical Moonlight"|
References[change | change source]
- www.independentfilmquarterly.com "interview".[permanent dead link]
- Hopeful Romantics:Dopo Yume Wear their Hearts on Their Sleeves Archived 2007-08-04 at the Wayback Machinewww.fashionfollower.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-12-13. Retrieved 2009-08-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Slamdance: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead's Jordan Galland", Alicia Van Couvering, Filmmaker Magazine, January 19, 2009.
- "Slamdance 2009 website". Archived from the original on 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-02-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- www.filmmakermagazine.com Spring issue 2008
- ""Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are UnDead" Wraps Shooting". Slice of SciFi. 24 February 2008.
- "Yahoo!". corp.aol.co.uk.[permanent dead link]
- scan of Vogue Magazine article
- "ASCAP database".
- "from movie Friendly Fire". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- "21 [Original Soundtrack] - Original Soundtrack - Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic.
- "The O.C Season 3 Episode Guide". TV Rage. Retrieved 21 February 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "wikimusicguide.com". www.wikimusicguide.com.