|5th Secretary-General of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development|
1 June 2006 – 31 May 2021
|Preceded by||Don Johnston|
|Succeeded by||Mathias Cormann|
|Secretary of Finance and Public Credit of Mexico|
1 January 1998 – 30 November 2000
|Preceded by||Guillermo Ortiz Martínez|
|Succeeded by||Francisco Gil Díaz|
|Secretary of Foreign Affairs of Mexico|
1 December 1994 – 31 December 1997
|Preceded by||Manuel Tello Macías|
|Succeeded by||Rosario Green|
|Born||8 May 1950|
Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
|Political party||Revolutionary Institutional Party|
|Alma mater||National Autonomous University of Mexico|
José Ángel Gurría Treviño, also known as Ángel Gurría, (born 8 May 1950) is a Mexican economist and politician. From 1 June 2006 to 31 May 2021, he was the secretary-general of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
References[change | change source]
- "Angel Gurría, Secretary-General of the OECD". OECD. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Los Cancilleres de México a través de su Historia" (in Spanish). Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Angel Gurría, OECD Secretary-General (CV)". OECD. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "Angel Gurría, Secretary-General of the OECD". Oecd.org. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-12-18.
- Woodward, Richard (2009-05-08). The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Routledge. ISBN 9781134194438.