José Emilio Pacheco
José Emilio Pacheco Berny (June 30, 1939 – January 26, 2014) was a Mexican poet, essayist, historian, novelist and short story writer. He is thought as one of the major Mexican poets of the second half of the 20th century. The Berlin International Literature Festival has praised him as "one of the most significant contemporary Latin American poets".
Pacheco died from cardiac arrest in Mexico City, Mexico on January 26, 2014, aged 74.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "José Emilio Pacheco - Biography". International Literature Festival Berlin. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- ↑ "Muere José Emilio Pacheco". El Universal.com. Retrieved January 27, 2014. (in Spanish)
Other websites[change | change source]
- José Emilio Pacheco Archived 2005-04-12 at the Wayback Machine (at El Colegio Nacional)
- Essay on Pacheco Archived 2008-06-01 at the Wayback Machine from The Quarterly Conversation
- Essay on Pacheco's Batallas en el desierto