Juno is a 2007 American teen comedy-drama movie set in Minnesota. It was written by Diablo Cody and directed by Jason Reitman. It starred Elliot Page as Juno MacGuff, a teenage girl who becomes pregnant by her best friend (who is played by Michael Cera). The movie made $231 million around the world.
Social impact[change | change source]
In the movie, Juno MacGuff thinks about getting an abortion and goes to an abortion clinic, but chooses not to. Both people who think abortion should be legal and people who think it should not be legal thought that the movie supported their views. Reitman said that he did not try to put a political message in the movie.
Reception[change | change source]
Juno got good reviews from most movie critics who saw it. 93% of the critics listed on RottenTomatoes.com gave the movie a good review. Juno won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Juno (2007) - Box Office Mojo". boxofficemojo.com. 2011. Retrieved March 26, 2011.
- ↑ Schembri, Jim (January 15, 2010). "A chance to clear the air - Film - Entertainment - theage.com.au". theage.com.au. Retrieved March 26, 2011.
- ↑ Sperling, Nicole (January 18, 2008). "'Juno' Has Moviegoers Bringing Up Babies | Movies | EW.com". ew.com. Archived from the original on October 5, 2012. Retrieved March 26, 2011.
- ↑ "Juno Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes". rottentomatoes.com. 2011. Retrieved March 26, 2011.
- 2007 comedy-drama movies
- 2000s coming-of-age movies
- 2000s teen comedy movies
- 2000s teen drama movies
- Academy Award winning movies
- American comedy-drama movies
- American coming-of-age movies
- American teen comedy movies
- American teen drama movies
- BAFTA Award winning movies
- English-language movies
- Movies set in Minnesota
- Teenage pregnancy in movies
- Movies about abortion
- American independent movies