The English used in this article may not be easy for everybody to understand. (March 2015)
Bieber in 2015
Justin Drew Bieber
March 1, 1994
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Home town||Stratford, Ontario, Canada|
Hailey Baldwin (m. 2018)
|Awards||List of awards and nominations|
He was discovered on YouTube in 2008. He grew up in Ontario. When he was twelve years old, he went into a local singing contest. He came in third place. The video of the contest was uploaded to his YouTube channel run by his mother Pattie Mallette, where it was noticed by famous music industry manager Scott Samuel "Scooter" Braun. Braun's first time seeing Bieber was when he saw a video of the then 12-year-old boy on YouTube, singing a song by Ne-Yo. Braun contacted Bieber's mother, Mallette, who agreed to bring her son, now fourteen years old, to Atlanta to try working together. Braun convinced them to move from Canada to the United States.
After more online marketing managing and success, Braun presented Bieber to two successful artists, Usher and Justin Timberlake; both showed interest. Eventually Usher's mentor, music executive L. A. Reid, signed Bieber to a deal with Island Def Jam.
In 2009, Bieber toured with Iyaz and Taylor Swift, and traveled in the United States. His first album, My World, features four singles, "One Time", "One Less Lonely Girl", "Favorite Girl", and "Love Me". He signed to a record deal with Usher. He released My World 2.0 in March 2010 as his second album, as well as going on a world tour. Purposes's single "Sorry" is Bieber's most popular song.
He has a younger brother and sister. His parents never married each other.
On December 23, 2013, the album Journals was released. It has fifteen songs. Ten have been released as singles.
Personal life[change | change source]
On January 23, 2014, Justin was arrested in Miami, Florida, for drunk driving, resisting arrest and driving with an expired drivers license. Late 2013 and most of 2014 was a difficult time for Bieber because Scooter, Bieber's manager, was focused on his new client, Ariana Grande.
Bieber dated singer/songwriter Selena Gomez from 2011 to 2012, and on and off from 2013 to 2014. Even though he said in an interview in 2014 that he and Gomez were officially together once again, they broke up again. Bieber got engaged to Hailey Baldwin on July 7, 2018. Baldwin is an American model. They got married in 2018.
History[change | change source]
Born on March 1, 1994, in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, Justin Bieber was raised by a single mom in the small town of Stratford. Bieber, whose debut album, My World, hit stores in November 2009, is a true overnight success, having gone from an unknown, untrained singer whose mother posted YouTube clips of her boy performing, to a superstar with a big-time record deal, all in just two years.
Bieber always had an interest in music. His mother gave him a drum kit for his second birthday and, as he tells it, he was "basically banging on everything I could get my hands on." But it was a not well known talent contest in his hometown, in which the 12-year-old Bieber finished second, that put him on the road to superstardom. As a way to share his singing with family, Justin and his mom began posting clips of Bieber performing covers of Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Ne-Yo on YouTube. Within months, Bieber gained attention online, and an eager manager arranging for the teenager to fly to Atlanta to consider a record deal. There, Bieber had a chance meeting with Usher, who eventually signed the young singer to a contract.
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- My World (2009)
- My World 2.0 (2010)
- My Worlds Acoustic (2010)
- Never Say Never: The Remixes (2011)
- Under the Mistletoe (2011)
- Believe (2012)
- Believe Acoustic (2013)
- Journals (2013)
- Purpose (2015)
Singles[change | change source]
- "One Time" (2009)
- "One Less Lonely Girl" (2009)
- "Baby" (2010); featuring Ludacris
- "Somebody to Love" (2010); featuring Usher
- "Never Say Never" (2010)
- "U Smile" (2010)
- "Pray" (2010)
- "Eenie Meenie" (2010); featuring Sean Kingston
- "Never Say Never" (2010); featuring Jaden Smith
- "Next to You" (2011); featuring Chris Brown
- "Mistletoe" (2011)
- "Fa La La" (2011); featuring Boys II
- "As Long As You Love Me" (2012); featuring Big Sean
- "Beauty And A Beat" (2012); featuring Nicki Minaj
- "All That Matters" (2013)
- "Confident" (2013); featuring Chance the Rapper
- "Where Are Ü Now" (2015); featuring Jack ü
- "What Do You Mean?" (2015)
- "Sorry" (2015)
- "Love Yourself" (2015)
- "Company" (2016)
- "Friends" (2017); featuring Bloodpop
- "No Brainer" (DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, and Quavo) (2018)
- "Yummy" (2020)
Filmography[change | change source]
Movies[change | change source]
Television[change | change source]
2009[change | change source]
2010[change | change source]
- Silent Library - Himself
- School Gyrls - Himself
- Saturday Night Live - Guest star and performer
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Jason McCann (two episodes)
- Hubworld - Guest star
- The X Factor (UK) - Performer
2011[change | change source]
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Guest star
2012[change | change source]
2013[change | change source]
2015[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Justin Bieber Biography". The Biography Channel. A+E Networks. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "Inogolo – English Pronunciation Guide to the Names of People, Places, and Stuff – Justin Bieber". Retrieved January 31, 2015.
- Mitchell, Gail (April 28, 2009). "Usher Introduces Teen Singer Justin Bieber". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- "Justin Bieber". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "Scooter Braun Shares 2 Keys To Building A Successful Personal Brand". Inc.com. 2017-01-02T11:1519-0500. Retrieved 2018-03-22. Check date values in:
- "L.A. Reid Remembers 14-Year-Old Justin Bieber Was 'Beautiful Like a Woman'". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "Justin Bieber "My World" Part 2 On iTunes Soon!". Disney Dreaming. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- Everett, Cristina. "Justin Bieber to release illustrated book, NOT autobiography: 'I'm too young to write a memoir' - NY Daily News". nydailynews.com.
- Ronson, Jon (13 November 2010). "Justin Bieber: One day with the most Googled name on the planet" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Justin Bieber Arrested for DUI". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Rich, Katey. "Justin Bieber Opens Up About Selena Gomez Breakup, Defends Peeing in a Bucket". HWD. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- France, Lisa Respers. "Justin Bieber confirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin". CNN. Retrieved July 25, 2018.