Kaavi is a municipality in Northern Savonia, Finland. It had almost 3,260 people living there in January 2014. The municipalities next to it are Kuopio, Juuka, Outokumpu, Polvijärvi and Tuusniemi.
History[change | change source]
Kaavi was established 1813.
Sights and activities[change | change source]
- Juutila Foundry
- Telkkämäki Nature Reserve and Heritage Farm
- Vaikkojoki River
- Kaavi Church
- Luikonlahti Orthodox Chapel
- Summertheatres in Luikonlahti and Maarianvaara
- Kaavi Blues Festival in June
- Spring Market and Autumn Market
Other websites[change | change source]
- The official page about Kaavi Archived 2013-02-11 at the Wayback Machine