From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kaffir may be meaning:
Islam[change | change source]
- Kafir, an Islamic term usually translated as unbeliever similar to the Christian word pagan or Hebrew word koffer.
Africa[change | change source]
- The Nguni languages, called the Kaffa languages in the 19th century.
- Fanagalo, a Zulu based pidgin language once referred to as Kitchen Kaffir.
- Kaffraria or British Kaffraria, a former designation for King William's Town and East London, South Africa.
- Kaffir boom, a species of tree in the Fabaceae family.
- South African ethnic slur for a black person. Thought to be borrowed from the language of the Cape Malay, who are an Islamic people.
South Asia[change | change source]
Middle East[change | change source]
- Kafiristan, the historic name for the Nuristan Province in Afghanistan
- The Nuristani people descendants of the Hindukush Kafir people
- The Nuristani languages once called Kafiiri or Kafiristani
- Kafir harp
Botany[change | change source]
- Kaffir lime, a variety of lime native to Indonesia also known as a makrut lime.
- Kaffir lily, one of two flowers found in southern Africa
Other[change | change source]
- Sunbeam Kaffir, an engine from the Sunbeam Car Company
- Kefir or Kephir, a fermented milk drink from the Caucasus region
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.