Economy[change | change source]
Kangeyam is a commercial center. Its main economic activity involves processing agricultural products: rice hulling, coconut oil extraction, and ghee production. Also groundnuts (peanuts) are raised.
The Kangayam bull is indigenous (native) to the area around Kangeyam. This bull variety is known for its superior strength as a draft animal and its ability to adjust to poor nutritional conditions. It is named after the town.
References[change | change source]
- "General Information". Department Of Municipal Administration And Water Supply. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Kangayam bull fetches Rs. 1.18 lakh". The Hindu.
- "A show to showcase Kangayam breed". The Hindu.
- "Efforts to prevent Kangayam bull becoming extinct". The Hindu.
- "Animal Husbandry". Tirupur District official website. Retrieved 17 July 2013.