Karel Gott (14 July 1939 – 1 October 2019) was a Czech pop singer. He was thought to be the most successful male singer in the former Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic. He was voted the country's best male singer in the annual Český slavík over forty times, most recently in 2017. Gott was born in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
100 albums and 100 compilation albums, and sold an estimated 50–100 million records worldwide, 23 million of them in the German-speaking market, and about 15 million in Czechoslovakia and its successor states (the Czech Republic and Slovakia).
References[change | change source]
- "Karel Gott". Hello Czech Republic. Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Archived from the original on 1 January 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Adam, Jan. "Karel Gott: Biography". www.karelgott.com. Archived from the original on 21 April 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Die Heiterkeit des Seins". Die Zeit. 24 May 2014. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- "Iconic Czech singer Karel Gott is suffering from acute leukemia". 12 September 2019.
- "Ve věku 80 let zemřel v úterý krátce před půlnocí zpěvák Karel Gott". Deník N. 2 October 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karel Gott.|