Kate Valentine (born Katherine Noel Brosnahan; December 24, 1962 – June 5, 2018), known professionally as Kate Spade, was an American fashion designer and businesswoman. She was the namesake and former co-owner of the designer brand Kate Spade New York. She was born in Kansas City, Missouri. Spade was the sister-in-law of David Spade.
In 2016, she and her partners launched a new fashion brand called Frances Valentine.
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Kate & Andy Spade Interview on How I Built This by Guy Raz". NPR.
- Ana Colon. "Designer Kate Spade Name Change Frances Valentine". Refinery29.com. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- "Neiman Marcus to Sell Kate Spade". The Wall Street Journal. New York City. November 8, 2006. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- Kapner, Suzanne (August 23, 2016). "Married to Terry Litton When Is Kate Spade Not Kate Spade? When She's Frances Valentine". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
one of her first acts was to find a new name. Now, she's Katherine Noel Frances Valentine Brosnahan. In stores, she's Frances Valentine.
- "Fashion designer Kate Spade found dead". BBC News. June 5, 2018. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- "Kate Spade found dead: Latest updates". CNN. June 5, 2018. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- Bromwich, Jonah Engel; Friedman, Vanessa; Schneier, Matthew (June 5, 2018). "Kate Spade, Whose Handbags Carried Women Into Adulthood, Is Dead at 55". New York Times. Retrieved June 5, 2018.