Origin[change | change source]
Like many tribes of neighbouring Potohar and Hazara region their origin is obscure.. Some claim that they might be descended from either Turkish or Arab settlers intremixed with local tribes.[source?] Others deny that claim that and say they are an indigenous Punjabi tribe either Jat or Rajput origins living today in Pakistan and India.
Notable people[change | change source]
Pakistan[change | change source]
- Nawab Muhammad Hayat Khan.
- Sir Liaqat Hayat
- Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan
- Shaukat Hayat Khan.
- Yawar Hayat Khan senior director/producer of Pakistan Television
- General Zubair Mehmood Hayat.(Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Pakistan Army)
- General (retd) Ahsan Azhar Hayat , former senior officer of the Pakistan Army and ex-ambassador to Jordan 
- Major (retd) Tahir Sadiq.(MNA NA-55 and Ex district nazim Attock)
- Ghulam Sarwar Khan.(Federal petroleum minister,MNA NA-59 and senior leader PTI party)
India[change | change source]
- Manohar Lal Khattar.(Chief minister Haryana)
- Ishaan Khattar , Bollywood Actor, half-brother of Shahid Kapoor.
References[change | change source]
- "Khattar tribe – newpakhistorian". newpakhistorian.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- I. S. Manohar, Tribes of Northern Punjab, Lahore: 1921, pp 134-137
- Col Gracroft, Report on the Ethnological Factions of the Rawulpindi and Attuck areas of Punjab, Lahore: Government of Punjab Press, reprint of 1880, p 79; and Heydon, TM The Punjab Zamindar Castes , Delhi, 1939, np; and Dani, Prof Dr A.H Potohar and Rawalpindi: A General Historical Survey, Islamabad 1990.
- Gen Ahsan Azhar Hayat appointed as ambassador, 2013 Retrieved 2019 Aug
- "Major tahir sadiq".
- "Ghulam sarwar khan".