Michael Render (born April 20, 1975), better known by his stage name Killer Mike, is an American hip hop singer, songwriter, activist, and occasional actor. He was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder of Grind Time Official Records.
Career[change | change source]
Mike was first heard on "Snappin' and Trappin'", a song from OutKast's album Stankonia (2000). He later appeared on the Grammy-winning song "The Whole World", a single from OutKast's greatest hits album Big Boi and Dre Present...OutKast.
In December 2008, Mike signed to T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records. In 2012, he released R.A.P. Music, produced by rapper-producer El-P. In 2013, the two formed a duo called Run the Jewels. The two signed to Fool's Gold Records and released Run the Jewels in June of that year.
Politics[change | change source]
Killer Mike is a member of the Democratic Party. He supports Bernie Sanders for President of the United States in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. After introducing Sanders at a rally held in Atlanta November 23, 2015, Mike spent time recording an interview with the presidential candidate. Mike released his interview with Bernie Sanders as a six-part video series the following month.
References[change | change source]
- John Bush. "Killer Mike Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- Amanda Holpuch (June 29, 2015). "Killer Mike Endorses Bernie Sanders for President". The Guardian. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- Kreps, Daniel (November 23, 2015). "Watch Killer Mike Introduce Bernie Sanders With Moving Speech at Atlanta Rally". Rolling Stone. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- Stuart, Tessa (December 15, 2015). "Watch Killer Mike's Six-Part Interview With Bernie Sanders". Rolling Stone. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- Talking Shop With Bernie Sanders & Killer Mike
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Killer Mike.|
Quotations related to Killer Mike at Wikiquote