Jisoo at the Korea Music Festival in 2017
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Ji-su|
Kim Ji-soo is a South Korean singer, actress, and model. She goes by the mononym Jisoo. She is known for being a member of Blackpink, which as of 2019 is the highest-charting female k-pop group. Jisoo is also well known as a model in advertisements in South Korea, including for LG. She has also appeared in a few television series. Jisoo is well known on social media in South Korea, with 18.8 million followers.
Jisoo was born in South Korea on 3 January 1995. In 2011, she joined YG Entertainment as a trainee. Later she became a member of Blackpink. In 2015, she made her first appearance as an actress.
References[change | change source]
- Herman, Tamar (October 22, 2018). "BLACKPINK Sign With Interscope Records & UMG in Global Partnership With YG Entertainment: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "YG 신인 걸그룹 김지수, 데뷔 전부터 이민호와 CF모델 발탁". Ten Asia. January 16, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "KIM JISOO & iKON & Chosen as School Uniform models 'Smart Uniform'". Blackpink YG. August 25, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "iKON Together with YG's Kim Jisoo Became New Commercial Models for LG Smart Phones". YG United. March 24, 2016. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "Small but strong ... Nikon announces Nikon 1 J5 lens interchangeable camera". The Korea Herald (in Korean). April 2, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "'아스달 연대기' 측 "블랙핑크 지수 출연, 역할 방송통해 확인 부탁"(공식입장)". Newsen. June 6, 2019. Retrieved June 10, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Blackpink's Lisa most followed K-pop idol on Instagram". The Straits Times. 2019-04-17. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- Son, Minji (June 23, 2017). "[아이돌 고향을 찾아서①] 우리 고향 아이돌 누가 있을까". Sports Tendency (in Korean). Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- Lee, Mi-hyun (November 15, 2016). "BlackPink's long journey to the top : After six years as trainees, YG's newest girl group now dominates the charts". Korea Joongang Daily. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]