February 14, 1973
|Died||June 26, 2016 (aged 43)|
Seoul, South Korea
|Cause of death||Suicide by hanging|
|Education||Seoul National University|
Seoul College - Physical and Social Education in Golf
|Spouse(s)||Lee Han-na (m. 2013 - 2016)|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Seong-min|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Seong-taek|
Kim Sung-min (Korean: 김성민, February 14, 1973 – June 26, 2016) was a South Korean actor. He was known for his roles as Lee Joo-wang in the televisions series Miss Mermaid, the Plastic surgeon in Time (2006) and as himself in The Weight (2013).
Personal life[change | change source]
Kim married a dentist called Lee Han-na on February 20, 2013.
Death[change | change source]
On June 24, 2016, Kim Sung Min's wife called the police to check on her husband. She said that he had threatened to kill himself after they had an argument. The police found him trying to commit suicide by hanging himself in the bathroom. He had been in a coma since June 24. On June 26, the police said that Kim Sung Min, was diagnosed as brain dead at 2:00 AM KST. The diagnosis was confirmed at 10:15 AM KST. Kim Sung Min's family agreed to donate his organs.
Movies[change | change source]
|2007||The Mafia, the Salesman||Kim Sang-doo|
|2011||Invasion of Alien Bikini||Director (cameo)|
|2013||Closet (short movie)|
|Eating, Talking, Faucking||Bill|
References[change | change source]
- "Brain-dead actor Kim Sung-min's organs to be donated". Korea Times. 2016-06-26. Retrieved 2016-06-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kim Sung-min, 39, marries his dentist". koreajoongangdaily.joins.com. Retrieved 2020-09-21.
- "Kim Sung-min succumbs to suicide attempt". koreajoongangdaily.joins.com. Retrieved 2020-09-21.
- "Actor Kim Sung-min Dead in Suicide". english.chosun.com. Retrieved 2020-09-21.
- "South Korean actor Kim Sung-min brain dead after suicide attempt". Channel News Asia.
- "Brain-dead actor Kim Sung-min's organs to be donated". web.archive.org. 2016-06-26. Retrieved 2020-09-21.
- "Korean actor Kim Sung-min's organs to be donated after death from suicide". TODAYonline. Retrieved 2020-09-21.
- Joo, Jung-wan (29 August 2006). "On celluloid, plastic is murder". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-12-01. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Kim Sung-min on Twitter
- Kim Sung-min Archived 2014-12-20 at the Wayback Machine at Lobe Entertainment
- Kim Sung-min Fan Cafe at Daum
- Kim Sung-min on IMDb