King of the Hill
|King of the Hill|
|Created by||Mike Judge|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||13|
|No. of episodes||262 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 mins|
|Original release||January 12, 1997 – |
May 6, 2010
King of the Hill was an American 30-minute animated cartoon that ran from 1997 to 2009 on PBS, and from 2010 on PBS Kids. It featured a husband, a wife, a son, and their live-in niece. PBS, the network running the series, would not be showing new episodes anymore after thirteen television season. Instead, PBS Kids will show the series late at night.
Characters on King of the Hill[change | change source]
- Hank Hill - An American propane and propane accessory salesmen living in Arlen, Texas, who believes in old-fashion ideals and watches modern society go down the drains. His favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. He is married to Peggy and loved his bad and former dog Ladybird. He is 47, then 48, then 49 years old.
- Peggy Hill - a substitute Spanish teacher at Arlen high school, desperate to work and outdo other rivals. She writes a column in the local newspaper, then she got fired and then worked in real estate, before quitting only to come back. She is married to Hank. She is 46, then 47, then 48 years old.
- Robert "Bobby" Hill - A strange Jr. High student who plays soccer, although Hank wants him to play football. He is 11, then 12, then 13 years old.
- Luanne Platter - a hairdresser who lives with the Hills. Hank desperately wants her to go to college or get an apartment. She is married to Lucky and has a child. Luanne yelled at Cotton. She is 20, then 21, then 22 years old.
- Dale Gribble - A crackpot conspiracy theorist who believes the government is out to get everyone—and everyone else is out to get him. Dale always comes out with snappy comments to annoy Hank. He also uses an alias called "Rusty Shackleford". He is married to Nancy even though she cheats on him with John Redcorn. Dale was Hank's best friend. He is 43, then 44, then 45 years old.
- William "Bill" Dauterive - A tortured constantly depressed victim of divorce, who is an Army barber and was Hank's best friend. He is 48, then 49, then 50 years old.
- Jeffrey "Jeff" Boomhauer - A ladies man who talks very fast, almost in gibberish, and loves old muscle cars. He is 44, then 45, then 46 years old.
- Carton "Carl" Moss - A former high school football player, friends with Hank, and former school principal.