Kumar Bhattacharyya, Baron Bhattacharyya
The Lord Bhattacharyya
Sushanta Kumar Bhattacharyya
6 June 1940
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (BTech)|
University of Birmingham (MSc, PhD)
|Known for||Warwick Manufacturing Group|
In 1980, he became Professor of Manufacturing Systems at the University of Warwick and founded the Warwick Manufacturing Group. In 2004 he was made a Life Peer and became a member of the House of Lords.
Bhattacharyya died on 1 March 2019 following a short illness, aged 78.
References[change | change source]
- "List of Fellows". Royal Academy of Engineering. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Kumar Bhattacharyya". Royal Society. 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2018. One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from the royalsociety.org website where:
“All text published under the heading 'Biography' on Fellow profile pages is available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.” --Royal Society Terms, conditions and policies at the Wayback Machine (archived 2016-11-11)
- Bhattacharyya, Baron, (Sushantha Kumar Bhattacharyya). ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. 2007. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U7480. (subscription required)
- "Lord Bhattacharyya". UK Parliament. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Professor Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya: Chairman of WMG". University of Warwick. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Professor Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya :: Chairman of WMG". Warwick.ac.uk. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "Engine for change: Industrialist and educator Lord Bhattacharyya". Financial Times. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- Mullen, Enda (1 March 2019). "Professor Lord Bhattacharyya dies aged 78". coventrytelegraph.