|Born||March 2, 1981|
|Known for||Geologist, Standup Paddler|
|Limca book of records for Longest Stand-up Paddling|
Kumaran Mahalingam (born 02 March 1981) is an Indian Geologist, Standup Paddler and a Conservation Educator. He holds three Limca book of Records for different feats in stand up paddling. He is also a certified wilderness first responder from National Outdoor Leadership School, USA.
Early Life & Career[change | change source]
Kumaran M was born on 02 March 1981 in Chennai. He is a Graduate in Geology from Presidency College, Chennai. Currently he works at Cairn India.
Awards & Achievements[change | change source]
- Three times Limca book record holder for first long distance Standup paddling. Paddling for conservation.
- Highest stand up paddle boarding (SUP) 16618 ft across Tso Ltak Lake, Ladakh, India 2016
- Certificate of Wilderness First Responder, National Outdoor Leadership School, USA
References[change | change source]
- "ENTERS LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS ! - Bay of Life". Bay of Life.
- Ittyerah Joseph, Ashish (Sep 25, 2016). "I am the first one to paddle in Nubra Valley, near Khardung La, says Chennaiite - Times of India". The Times of India. TNN & Agencies.
- "Standing on water: Noida girl, Gurgaon boy paddle 2,600km on the Ganga - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Kannadasan, Akila. "The young man and the sea". The Hindu.
- Bag, Shamik (20 January 2017). "The stark life of the Ganga". https://www.livemint.com. External link in
- readers, Guardian (7 March 2017). "Local heroes in India: readers' travel tips" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Chennai Geologist Paddles For An Hour In Lake At 16,000 Ft Height, Sets New National Record". indiatimes.com.
- "Limca Book of Records". www.limcabookofrecords.in.
- "Chennai man creates paddling record". Deccanchronicle.com. 14 September 2016.