The LG KE850, also named The LG Prada Phone, is a mobile phone manufactured by LG Electronics and designed by Prada. It was first announced on 12 December 2006. An official press release showing an image of the device appeared on 18 January 2007.
Features[change | change source]
- EDGE Tri-Band (900/1800/1900) / CDMA (800) for South Korea
- Adobe Flash interface
- 98.8 × 54 × 12 mm
- 6.5 × 4 cm touch-sensitive screen
- 1.92M CMOS Camera / LED Flash
- Video Recording CIF 352*288=101376 Pixels,WQVGA 400*240=96000 Pixels (MPEG4, H.263, H.264)
- Music Player and Recorder (MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, RA)
- Internal Memory Slot (Micro SD), behind the battery
- Innerpack Battery 800mAh
- Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0, USB Mass storage
- Document Viewer (ppt, doc, xls, pdf, txt )
Awards[change | change source]
- International Forum Design - Product Design Award for 2007 
- Red dot design award - LG Prada Wins 'Best of the Best' red dot Design Award - At 2007 
Prices in Countries it is sold[change | change source]
Prices are expected to start from 600 Euros.
- France, Germany, Spain, Hong Kong, Italy, Singapore and Taiwan: Late March 2007.
- Kuwait: Sold at Villa Moda. 300 KD, which is the same as 900 US Dollars.
- South Korea - Spring 2007.
- New Zealand: March 2007 - The setup goes with Vodafone NZ's GSM network.
- Sweden: Late June/early July 2007.
- United Kingdom: Now sold for free with new sign up on T-Mobile/Orange/O2 on "contract". Or around £275 on "pay as you go", although some websites sell it without a sim card for £220.
- Australia: Sold from September 24, 2007 in most networks, and also unlocked online.
iPhone copying LG Prada[change | change source]
LG Electronics says that the iPhone's design was copied from the LG Prada. Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG Mobile Handset R&D Center, said at a press conference:
LG later claimed that Apple stole both the ideas and concept of the Prada phone. A lawsuit by LG had been rumored prior to this announcement; however, LG has remained silent on whether or not they will file a lawsuit.
Related pages[change | change source]
Other designer phones:
References[change | change source]
- "Mobile Innovation Meets Avant-Garde Design".
- Wright, Aaron (2007-02-20). "The iPhone Lawsuits". Apple Matters. Retrieved 2007-06-25. Check date values in: