|Assembly||Italy: Sant'Agata Bolognese|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)|
|Engine||6.5 L L539 V12|
|Transmission||7-speed ISR automated manual|
|Wheelbase||2,700 mm (106.3 in)|
|Length||4,924 mm (193.9 in)|
|Width||2,062 mm (81.2 in)|
|Height||1,143 mm (45.0 in)|
The Lamborghini Centenario is a supercar. Lamborghini made it in 2016. They only made 40 Centenarios. Twenty of them were coupes. The other twenty were convertibles. The Centenario convertible was called the Centenario Roadster. All of them sold out before the car was even released. It shares the same platform as the aventador but exhibits some new technology which is going to be integrated into future designs
History[change | change source]
The Centenario was built to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Ferruccio Lamborghini’s birth. It was first shown at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Centenario was based off the Aventador. It used a more powerful version of its V12 engine.
Production[change | change source]
Lamborghini made a total of 40 Centenarios (20 coupes and 20 roadsters). All of them had already been sold by the time Lamborghini started delivering them to customers.
Engine and transmission[change | change source]
The Centenario is based off the Aventador. It is powered by a more powerful version of the Aventador's 6.5-litre V12 engine. The engine makes 770 PS (566 kW; 759 hp) at 8,500 rpm and 690 N⋅m (509 lb⋅ft) of torque at 5,500 rpm. This is 20 PS (15 kW; 20 hp) more than the Aventador SV. The engine is paired with the same 7-speed ISR automated manual gearbox as the Aventador. The Centenario’s power goes to all four wheels through the Aventador’s all-wheel drive system.
Performance[change | change source]
The Centenario can accelerate from 0–100 km/h (0–62 mph) in 2.8 seconds. It can also go from 0–300 km/h (0–186 mph) in 23.5 seconds. It has a top speed of 350 km/h (217 mph). The car can also brake from 100–0 km/h (62–0 mph) in just 30 m (98 ft).
Centenario Roadster[change | change source]
Lamborghini first showed the Centenario Roadster at the August 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The only change over the regular Centenario is that the Roadster weighed a little bit more. The Roadster's performance is the same as that of the coupe.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Lamborghini Centenario, production". Archived from the original on 28 September 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Lamborghini reveals all-new 6.5L V12 engine and ISR gearbox". Autoblog. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- Turner, Charlie (29 June 2016). "Review: Lamborghini's 760bhp, £1.7m Centenario". Top Gear. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Gnaticov, Cristian (14 January 2016). "Lamborghini "Centenario" Has Been Reportedly Sold Out". Carscoops. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Lamborghini Centenario debuts – 770 hp, RM8 million - paultan.org". www.paultan.org. 1 March 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- Sorokanich, Bob (16 November 2017). "Lamborghini Centenario: First Drive". Road & Track. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Seyers, Mark (20 August 2016). "Centenario LP770-4 Roadster". LamboCARS. Retrieved 5 March 2017.