James Lance Bass
Lance Bass, Beverly Hills, California on March 16, 2014
|Birth name||James Lance Bass|
|Also known as||Lance Bass, Lansten|
|Born||May 4, 1979|
Laurel, Mississippi, U.S.
|Origin||Clinton, Mississippi, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, dancer, entertainer, actor, film producer, television producer, author, gay rights activist|
|Associated acts||'N Sync, Meredith Edwards|
James Lance Bass (born May 4, 1979) is an American pop singer, dancer, actor, film and television producer, and author. He grew up in Mississippi and became famous as a singer in the American pop boy band NSYNC. NSYNC's success led Bass to work in film and television. He starred in the 2001 film On the Line, which his company, Bacon & Eggs, also produced. Bass later formed a second production company, Lance Bass Productions, as well as a now-defunct music management company, Free Lance Entertainment, with Mercury Records. In 2006 he came out as gay. Bass has Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. A book that Bass wrote about his life so far, Out of Sync, was published in 2007. In September 2013 Bass became engaged to Michael Turchin.
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Bass, Lance (2007). Out of Sync. New York, Los Angeles: Simon Spotlight Entertainment. pp. 1–4. ISBN 978-1-4169-4788-2.
- "Lance Bass sued by motorcyclist who claims he smashed into him". Mail Online. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Tortorici, Frank (May 4, 1999). "'N Sync's James Lance "Lansten" Bass". MTV News.
- "Lance Bass". AllMusic.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Roger Ebert (26 October 2001). "On The Line". Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "World Space Week Biography of Lance Bass". WorldSpaceWeek.org. Retrieved 2007. Check date values in:
- Stark, Phyllis. (2000-05-27). "Mercury Nashville, Free Lance Label Pact". Billboard. Archived from the original on 2008-04-12. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- "Lance Bass: Diet and Workout » iFitandHealthy.com".
- "Lance Bass Engaged to Michael Turchin". PEOPLE.com.