Lee County, Mississippi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|County of Lee|
Lee County Courthouse
Location within the U.S. state of Mississippi
Mississippi's location within the U.S.
|Founded||October 26, 1866|
|Named for||Gen. Robert E. Lee|
|• Total||453 sq mi (1,170 km2)|
|• Land||450 sq mi (1,200 km2)|
|• Water||3.2 sq mi (8 km2) 0.7%%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||188.7/sq mi (72.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
38801, 38804, 38824, 38826, 38828, 38843, 38849, 38857, 38858, 38860, 38862, 38866, 38868, 38879
History[change | change source]
Geography[change | change source]
Bordering counties[change | change source]
- Prentiss County (north)
- Itawamba County (east)
- Monroe County (southeast)
- Chickasaw County (southwest)
- Pontotoc County (west)
- Union County (northwest)
Communities[change | change source]
Cities[change | change source]
Towns[change | change source]
- Barrett Ridge
- Nettleton (partly in Monroe County)
- Sherman (partly in Pontotoc County and Union County)
Census-designated places[change | change source]
Unincorporated communities[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States (Report). U.S. Geological survey. Bulletin no. 258 (2nd ed.). Washington: Government Printing Office. p. 184. LCCN 05000751. OCLC 1156805 – via United States Geological Survey.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lee County, Mississippi.|