Left 4 Dead 2
|Left 4 Dead 2|
|Series||Left 4 Dead|
Mac OS X
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, survival horror|
Left 4 Dead 2 is a shooter video game released in 2009. It is the sequel to Left 4 Dead. It was released on November 17, 2009. It made its world premiere at E3 in 2009. Left 4 Dead 2 brings new elements to the game that Let 4 Dead left out in the previous version such as melee weapons, new types of infected, and a story-arc that connects each of the game's five campaigns together. It is banned in Australia.
Characters[change | change source]
The main characters in the game are:
- Coach, a high-school football coach from Savannah, Georgia.
- Rochelle, a news reporter for a local television station.
- Ellis, a mechanic from Savannah, Georgia.
- Nick, a gambler and conman.
New infected added into the game include:
- The Charger, has one arm larger than the other arm and charges people with it
- The Spitter, spits acid at survivors and leaves a acid puddle on the ground which burns survivors
- The Jockey, hops on survivors backs and steers them into danger
Reviews[change | change source]
Left 4 Dead 2 received strongly positive reviews:
- GameSpot - 9.0/10 (both Xbox 360 and PC)
- IGN - 9.0/10 (both Xbox 360 and PC)
- Gamespy - 4.5/5 (both Xbox 360 and PC)
- 1UP.com - A (both Xbox 360 and PC)
References[change | change source]
- "Announcing Left 4 Dead 2!". www.l4d.com. 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- "Left 4 Dead 2 refused classification in Australia". www.news.com.au. 2009. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2009-11-24.