at the Dresden Olympiad, 2008
|Full name||Leinier Domínguez Pérez|
|FIDE rating||2758 (May 2020) 2757|
(#13 in the April 2014 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2757 (July 2013)|
He won the Cuban Chess Championship in 2002, 2003, 2006, and 2012.
In 2008, he won the CPA chess tournament and the 43rd Capablanca in Memoriam tournament. In the same year he tied for first with Evgeny Alekseev (but lost to him in tie-break) at Biel (6.5/10), ahead of Magnus Carlsen.
On November 8, 2008 he won the World Blitz Championship 2008, held at Almaty in Kazakhstan, with 11.5 points out of 15, ahead of Vassily Ivanchuk, Peter Svidler, Alexander Grischuk and many other top grandmasters.
References[change | change source]
- 2004 FIDE World Chess Championship
- Magistral Ciutat de Barcelona- Casino Barcelona 2006: CRÓNICAS/NOTAS DE PRENSA
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Dominguez Perez wins the 43rd Capablanca Memorial
- International Chess Festival Biel - Home
- Cuba's Leinier Dominguez Becomes World's Blitz Chess Champion
- THESSALONIKI FIDE GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT