|Full name||Leopoldo Jacinto Luque|
|Date of birth||5 May 1949|
|Place of birth||Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Date of death||15 February 2021(aged 71)|
|Place of death||Mendoza, Argentina|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|1967–1969||Gimnasia de Jujuy|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Leopoldo Jacinto Luque (Spanish pronunciation: [leoˈpoldo xaˈsinto ˈluke]; 3 May 1949 – 15 February 2021) was an Argentine footballer. He played as a striker.
Luque began his career in 1972 and lasted until 1984. He played for Unión de Santa Fe, Rosario Central, River Plate, Racing Club de Avellaneda and Chacarita Juniors.
Luque played for the national team from 1975 until 1981.
In February 2007, Luque suffered a heart attack. He died from COVID-19 during the COVID-19 pandemic in Argentina on 15 February 2021, aged 71.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Clarín.com (15 February 2021). "Murió Leopoldo Jacinto Luque, el goleador implacable de River y la Selección argentina campeona del mundo". www.clarin.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 February 2021.
- ↑ "World Cup winner Luque dies of heart attack after contracting Covid". France 24. 2021-02-15. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Leopoldo Luque – FIFA competition record (archived)
- Leopoldo Luque at National-Football-Teams.com
- Super Futbol profile at the Wayback Machine (archived 2007-10-20) (in Spanish)
- Futbol Factory profile at the Wayback Machine (archived 20 October 2007) (in Spanish)