Life skills are abilities which help people to deal with the demands and challenges that they face in life.
- Decision-making and problem solving.
- Creative thinking (see also lateral thinking and critical thinking)
- Communication and social skills.
- Self-awareness and empathy.
- Assertiveness and equanimity;
Most of the times children get life skills when they play or discover new things with adults.
Further reading[change | change source]
- Andrew J. DuBrin (2016). Human relations for career and personal success: concepts, applications, and skills. Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0-13-413171-9.
References[change | change source]
- Life Skills Education for Children and Adolescents in Schools (Report). World Health Organization. hdl:10665/63552. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- "Partners in Life Skills Education : Conclusions from a United Nations Inter-Agency Meeting" (PDF). World Health Organization. 1999. Retrieved 2018-07-15.