|Born||Liliane Henriette Charlotte Schueller
21 October 1922
|Occupation||Principal shareholder of L'Oréal|
|Net worth||US$ 30 billion (2013)|
|Spouse(s)||André Bettencourt (m. 1950–2007)
|Children||Françoise Bettencourt Meyers|
Liliane Henriette Charlotte Schueller, married name Bettencourt (born 21 October 1922), is a French heiress, socialite, businesswoman and philanthropist.
She is one of the principal shareholders of L'Oréal. According to Forbes, she is the richest woman in the world, making her the tenth richest person in the world with a net worth of US$36.4 billion, as of the 2015 version of "The World's Billionaires".
Bettencourt was born on 21 October 1922 in Paris, France. She was married to André Bettencourt from 1950 until his death in 2007. They had one child, a daughter, Françoise. Bettencourt now lives in Paris, France.
References[change | change source]
- Sergio A. Berumen; Karen Arriaza Ibarra (2008) (in Spanish). Treinta inmensas fortunas y cómo se hicieron. Madrid: Ecobook. p. 46. ISBN 8496877043. OCLC 230234417. http://books.google.ca/books?id=S5coCrIQHcYC&pg=PA46&dq=Liliane+Henriette+Charlotte+Schueller&hl=en&redir_esc=y. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- #17 Liliane Bettencourt, Forbes, 10 March 2011. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website of L'Oréal
- Official website of the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation
- Forbes article on L'Oréal
- Forbes article on Liliane Bettencourt
- The Bettencourt scandal and the Sarkozy government Radio France Internationale in English