Cox first got behind the wheel of her 1916 Model T in 1915, when she was only 8 years old at the time. She reportedly said:
"I drove when I wasn't supposed to be driving. We were 8 or 9 years old."
Cox moved to Meadows Place, Texas after her 103rd birthday and lives there in an assisted living facility. For her 105th birthday the mayor named February 22 as Lillian Cox Day. On February 22, 2017 Cox became a supercentenarian, when she reached the age of 110 years. Cox died in Meadows Place, Texas on August 10, 2018, aged 111 years, 169 days.
References[change | change source]
- "101 Year Old Driver Lillian Cox". Archived from the original on 2012-03-13.
- "101-Year-Old Woman Gets Driver's License Renewed Until 2011". Archived from the original on 2009-01-16.
- Carol Christian (2014-05-15). "At 107, Lillian Cox may be the oldest person in Fort Bend County". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2013-07-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Melissa Wilson (2017-02-22). "Happy 110th Birthday, Lillian Cox!". FOX 26. Archived from the original on 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Indomitable Lillian Cox dies at 111; a friend remembers the 'Tallahassee Lassie'". Tallahassee Democrat.