List of bridges in Ottawa
Spanning the Ottawa River[change | change source]
Bridges spanning the Ottawa River from west to east:
- Champlain Bridge
- Prince of Wales Bridge
- Chaudière Bridge
- Interprovincial (Alexandra) Bridge
- Macdonald-Cartier Bridge
Spanning the Rideau River[change | change source]
Bridges spanning the Rideau River from north to south:
- Pedestrian bridge
- Connects the Lees Transitway Station and Hurdman Transitway Station.
- O-Train bridge
- Connects Carleton and Confederation stops
- Heron Road Bridge
- Hog's Back Road
- Connects Rideau View and Riverside Park via Hog's Back Road. Owned by the National Capital Commission. Also crosses over the Rideau Canal.
- Canadian Northern Ontario Railway Federal Bridge
- Strandherd-Armstrong Bridge (under construction)
- Planned completion date for 2012 and will connect Barrhaven and Riverside South via Strandherd Drive and Earl Armstrong Road.
- Nicolls Island Road
- Connects Nicolls Island to the mainland in Gloucester.
West Branch of the Rideau River[change | change source]
- Barnsdale Road
- Connects Nepean to Manotick
- Bridge Street
- Connects downtown Manotick to Long Island.
Spanning the Rideau Canal[change | change source]
Bridges spanning the Rideau Canal from north to south:
- Mackenzie King Bridge
- Connects Albert and Slater Streets in Centretown to Waller Street in Sandy Hill. The Transitway also uses this bridge.
- Pretoria Bridge
- Heron Road Bridge
- see above
Other bridges[change | change source]
Bridges not spanning the above water courses:
- Pooley's Bridge
- The oldest bridge entirely within Ottawa , spanning the tailrace in Lebreton Flats
- Somerset Street bridge  or (a.k.a. "O-Train Bridge" )
- Connects Somerset Street West over the O-Train tracks
Bridges carrying roads or pedestrian ways over or under Highways 417, Highway 416 and Ottawa Highway 174 ar not listed.
Related pages[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bridges in Ottawa.|