List of political parties in France
France has a multi-party system, which means that several political parties must form coalitions in order to form a government. This is because it would be very difficult for any one party to win a majority of seats in the French National Assembly. Since the 1980s, there have been two major coalitions; one is a collection of right-wing parties and the other is a collection of left-wing parties.
Parties[change | change source]
Right-wing[change | change source]
National Rally (Rassemblement National; RN): nationalism, conservatism, euro-scepticism.
Centrist[change | change source]
Left-wing[change | change source]
La France Insoumise - Promotes democratic socialism.
French Communist Party (Parti Communiste Français) - Promotes communism.
Royalists[change | change source]
Royal Alliance (Alliance Royale)
Nouvelle Action Royaliste
Democratic rally (Rassemblement démocrate)
Communists[change | change source]
Worker's Communist Party of France (Parti Communiste des Ouvriers de France)
Independent Worker's Party (Parti ouvrier indépendant) - Trotskyist
Pole of Communist Rebirth in France (Pôle de Renaissance Communiste en France)
Others[change | change source]
Pirate Party (Parti Pirate)
Frexit[change | change source]
Regionalist Parties[change | change source]
- Abertzaleen Batasuna - Basque nationalist
- Alsace d'abord (In English:Alsace First) - Alsace nationalist
- Savoyan League (Ligue savoisienne) - Savoy nationalist
- Breton Democratic Union (Union Démocratique Bretonne) - Breton nationalism
- Party of the Corsican Nation (U Partitu di a Nazione Corsa) - Corsican nationalism
- Corsica Libera - Corsican nationalism