List of political parties in Iceland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a list of political parties in Iceland.
Parties in the Althing[change | change source]
- As of 2015
|Progressive Party||Liberalism, critical of the European Union and that rural society is better than an urban one.||Right||19/63|
|Independence Party||Liberal conservatism, critical of the European Union and supporters of economic liberalism.||Centre-right||19/63|
|Social Democratic Alliance||Social democracy and they support the European Union.||Centre-left||9/63|
|Left-Green Movement||Democratic socialism, they support the European Union, feminism and pacifism.||Left||7/63|
|Bright Future||Social liberalism and they support the European Union.||Centre||6/63|
|Pirate Party||Direct democracy, freedom of information, Civil rights and Freedom of speech.||N/A||3/63|
Other parties[change | change source]
These are the parties that are not in the Althing and have no political power.
Left wing[change | change source]
- Humanist Party
- Iceland Democratic Party
- People's Front of Iceland
- Liberal Democrats
Right wing[change | change source]
- Households Party
- Christian Political Movement
No spectrum[change | change source]
- Rural Party
References[change | change source]
- "Q&A: Iceland parliamentary elections". BBC News. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Arnason, Agust Thor (2006), "The European Union Seen From the Top — the View of an Insider-Outsider", Nordic And Other European Constitutional Traditions, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, p. 34
- Siaroff, Alan, The Effects of Differing Electoral Systems on Party Politics, Government Formation and Voter Turnout, p. 69
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- "Iceland could be EU member by 2011". EUobserver. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- The Reykjavík Grapevine Election Guide 2013, The Reykjavík Grapevine, April 5, 2013
- "Alþýðufylkingin on BlogSpot". People's Front of Iceland. Retrieved 3 October 2015.