West Main Street in downtown Logan in 2006
Location of Logan, Ohio
Detailed map of Logan
|• Mayor||Greg Fraunfelter|
|• Total||4.93 sq mi (12.77 km2)|
|• Land||4.79 sq mi (12.41 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.36 km2)|
|Elevation||741 ft (226 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,493.1/sq mi (576.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||740 Exchanges: 380,385,823|
|GNIS feature ID||1042716|
Logan is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio. It is the county seat of Hocking County. 7,152 people lived there in the 2010 census. The city is in southeast Ohio, on the Hocking River 48 miles southeast of Columbus.
The current mayor of Logan is Republican Greg Fraunfelter, who began a four-year term in January 2016.
History[change | change source]
Logan was incorporated as a city in 1839.
Geography[change | change source]
Logan is at (39.539159, -82.406108).
According to the United States Census Bureau says that the city has a total area of 4.93 square miles (12.77 km2). Of that 4.79 square miles (12.41 km2) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) is water.
References[change | change source]
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Logan
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Tobin, Debra. "Fraunfelter elected as Logan City Mayor". Logan Daily News. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- History of Hocking Valley, Ohio. Inter-State Publishing Co. 1883. pp. 896.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
Other websites[change | change source]
- City of Logan official website
- Hocking County
- The Hocking County Fair
- The Lilyfest
- Logan-Hocking School District
- Ohio History Central
- Logan Hocking Library
- The Bowen House
- Hocking Hills Chamber of Commerce