London City Airport DLR station
|London City Airport|
|Location||London City Airport, Silvertown|
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|2 December 2005||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
London City Airport DLR station is a station on the Docklands Light Railway which serves the London City Airport, and which opened in 2 December 2005. It is on the King George V branch. Trains run westbound to Bank in the City of London and eastbound to Woolwich Arsenal.
Until the extension to Woolwich Arsenal this station was the main reason for this branch. It continues to be an important station on the DLR. It has an excellent direct covered connection with adjacent airport terminal building. Although the station maintains the DLR philosophy of basic good design it makes various concessions to cater for airport passengers including a fully enclosed waiting room on the central island platform.
Gallery[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to London City Airport DLR station.|
References[change | change source]
- Tube Map
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Street map of London City Airport DLR station from multimap.com
- Docklands Light Railway website - London City Airport station page
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||
towards Woolwich Arsenal