Louis Ray Henson (January 10, 1932 – July 25, 2020) was an American college basketball coach. He was born in Okay, Oklahoma. He retired as the all-time leader in victories at the University of Illinois with 423 victories and New Mexico State with 289 victories. Overall Henson won 779 games.
Henson is also one of only four NCAA coaches to have amassed at least 200 total wins at two institutions.
In 2014, he briefly came out of retirement to support the University of Illinois.
References[change | change source]
- "Henson headed to College Basketball Hall of Fame". New Mexico State DIA. 2015-02-17. Archived from the original on 2015-02-17. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Coach Lou Henson Selected to National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame". University of Illinois DIA. 2015-02-17. Archived from the original on 2015-02-17. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Ex-NMSU, Illinois coach Henson back in chemotherapy". CBS Sportsline. Associated Press. 25 July 2007. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- Lou Henson Undergoes Bone Marrow Tests in Houston
- "Lou Henson to coach House team in charity hoops game". Santa Fe New Mexican. February 3, 2014. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "Lou Henson, winningest men's basketball coach at Illinois, New Mexico State, dies". ESPN.com. 2020-07-29. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
Other websites[change | change source]