Cruikshank in 2014
|Born||Lucas Alan Cruikshank
August 29, 1993
|Home town||Columbus, Nebraska, United States|
He was born in Columbus, Nebraska on August 29, 1993.
He created his character Fred Figglehorn, and his Fred series for his channel, on the video-sharing website YouTube. These videos are about Fred Figglehorn, a fictional 6-year-old who has a weird home life and "anger management issues".
Cruikshank is openly gay. In a video released August 20, 2013, he came out saying "I'm gay. I feel so weird saying it on camera. But my family and friends have known for like three years. I just haven't felt the need to announce it on the Internet."
References[change | change source]
- Lucas Alan Cruikshank. Lybio.net (2010-12-19). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- Cruikshank, Lucas (March 18, 2011). "Tweet 48841375063605248". Twitter. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Andrew Keen (July 28, 2008). "Andrew Keen on New Media: Kids with cameras lead the way in giving web users their daily Fred". The Independent. Retrieved October 26, 2008.
- Stephen Hutcheon, with Tom Burton (June 20, 2008). "Fast-talking Fred is the toast of YouTube". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved October 26, 2008.
- Cruikshank, Lucas. "ARE YOU GAY?!?". YouTube. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- Eby, Margaret (August 20, 2013). "Lucas Cruikshank, star of Nickelodeon's 'Fred,' comes out as gay". New York Daily News. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "'I'm gay': Fred star Lucas Cruikshank comes out on YouTube as he answers questions from fans in video". Mail Online. Daily Mail. August 20, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- De Hoyos, Brandon (August 20, 2013). "Lucas Cruikshank, 'Fred' Actor, Comes Out as Gay Man". News 92 FM. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Lucas Cruikshank at Wikimedia Commons